North Toronto Family Court Education Committee In cooperation with the Family Lawyers’ Association
PRESENTS A VIRTUAL PROGRAM by ZOOM!
Advocacy Tips from the Bench
June 14th, 2022 from 4:30 p.m. to 6:00p.m.
The North Toronto Family Court Education Committee is delighted to present our favorite annual event, a presentation from the judiciary at 47 Sheppard. The following topics will be explored:
• Trial Skills – cross-examination and the use of notes by a witness at trial
• Evidence –preparing affidavit evidence and challenging the evidence presented
• Emergency Motions vs Urgent Motions
• Hague Convention and child abduction
• Decorum, Civility and Professional Courtesy–Decorum in the courtroom
• Costs — Principles– Best Practices
Chair: The Honourable Justice Carolyn Jones, Ontario Court of Justice, Toronto Project Managers: Vanessa D’Souza, Karen Ksienski, Wendy Yee
Deadline to register: June 12th, 2022
There is a $25 fee to attend this virtual program. Registration and payment are through Eventbrite. Please use this
link to register immediately: