GREAT EXPECTATIONS: How To Manage Your Family Law Client (And Decrease Your Stress)
Learn important client management tips to help prepare and present your clients’ cases and create and maintain good client/lawyer relations. The program will focus on aspects such as:
• evidence gathering & drafting of pleadings and briefs
• how to communicate with your client about the merits of case; what your client needs to do in order to present the case persuasively; the costs consequences of their conduct
• the merits of advancing certain claims such as: joint custody; claims for no access/ supervised access; mobility and relocation cases; no/reduced child support obligations
• how to communicate with the client about their obligations to follow court orders and legislative/regulatory requirements
• what types of procedures are appropriate for the case and what are the time lines and steps of the case
• reasonable expectations for duty counsel
• how the client should behave in the courtroom
When: 29 March, 2016
Time: 4:30 PM to 6:30 PM
Where: North York Memorial Community Hall, 5110 Yonge St.
This program is accredited for 1.5 Professionalism hours towards CPD requirements.
Click here to download the flyer!